This paper presents a new multilevel topology based on
cascaded hybrid multi-level (HCS) inverter. There are different topologies
for cascaded inverters for reducing the switches, power loss. The output
voltage is increased and the number of switches is reduced with the HCS
inverter. Due to this reduction in number of on-state switches, power loss
and voltage drop is reduced. Simulation results for 11 level symmetric form
of converter is described.
Keywords –Inverter, Switches, Leg-Inv, Cascade stack
1. Mahdi Toopchi Khosroshahi, Ali Ajami, Ata Ollah Mokhberdoran, Mohammadreza Jannati OsKuee, Multilevel hybrid
cascade-stack inverter with substantial reduction in switches number and power losses, Turkish Journal of Electrical
Engineering & Computer Sciences, (2015) 23: 987-1000
2. Nami A, Zare F, Ghosh A, Blaabjerg F. A hybrid cascade converter topology with series-connected symmetrical and
asymmetrical diode-clamped H-bridge cells. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 2011; 26: 51-65.
3. [3 ]Hasegawa K, Akagi H. A new DC-voltage-balancing circuit including a single coupled inductor for a five-level
diode-clamped PWM inverter. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Applications 2011; 47: 841-852.
4. Meynard T, Foch H. Multi-level conversion: high voltage choppers and voltage-source inverters. In: IEEE 1992 23rd
Annual Power Electronics Specialists Conference; 1992: IEEE. pp. 397-403.
5. Marchesoni M, Mazzucchelli M, Tenconi S. A non-conventional power converter for plasma stabilization. In: IEEE
1988 19th Annual Power Electronics Specialists Conference; 1988: IEEE. pp. 122-129.
6. Marchesoni M, Vaccaro L. Operating limits in multilevel MPC inverters with active front ends. In: International
Symposium on Power Electronics Electrical Drives Automation and Motion; 2010. pp. 192-197.
7. Yuan X, Stemmler H, Barbi I. Self-balancing of the clamping capacitor-voltages in the multilevel capacitor-clamping
inverter under sub- harmonic PWM modulation. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 2001; 16: 256-263.
8. Malinowski M, Gopakumar K, Marcelo J, P_erez A. A survey on cascaded multilevel inverters. IEEE Transactions on
Industrial Electronics 2010; 57: 2197-2206.
9. Ebrahimi J, Babaei E, Gharehpetian G. A new topology of cascaded multilevel converters with reduced number of
components for high- voltage applications. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 2011; 26: 3109-3118.
10. Zhong D, Tolbert L, Chiasson J, Ozpineci B. A cascade multilevel inverter using a single DC source. In Applied
Power Electronics Conference and Exposition; 2006; IEEE. pp. 426-430.