This paperpresents an ANFIS based adaptive sliding mode control (ASMC)
of a standalone single phase micro grid system. The proposed micro grid system
integrates a micro-hydro turbine driven single-phase two winding self- excited
induction generator (SEIG) with a wind driven permanent magnet brushless DC
(PMBLDC) generator, solar photo- voltaic (PV) array and a battery energy storage
system (BESS). These renewable energy sources are integrated using a single-phase
voltage source converter (VSC). The ASMC based control algorithm is used to
estimate the reference source current which controls the single-phase VSC and
regulates the voltage and frequency of the microgrid in addition to harmonics current
mitigation. The adaptive sliding mode control with ANFIS is used to maintain the
energy balance among wind, micro-hydro, solar PV power and BESS, which controls
the frequency of standalone microgrid. Simulation results from MATLAB/SIMULINK
of the proposed microgrid shows that the grid voltage and frequency are maintained
constant while the system is following various changes in dynamic state such as
sudden change in wind speed, changes in solar insolation level and changes in loads.
Index terms—Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy interface System, Battery Energy Storage
System(BESS), Renewable Energy Sources, single-phase SEIG.
1. U. K. Kalla, B. Singh, and S. S. Murthy, “Normalized adaptive linear element-based control of single-phase self- excited
induction generator feeding fluctuating loads,” IET Power Electron., vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 2151–2160, Aug. 2014.
2. U. K. Kalla, B. Singh and S. S. Murthy, "Enhanced Power Generation From Two Winding Single-Phase
SEIG Using LMDT-Based Decoupled Voltage and Frequency Control," in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 62,
no. 11,pp. 6934-6943, Nov. 2015.
3. U. K. Kalla, B. Singh and S. S. Murthy, "Adaptive noise suppression filter based integrated voltage and frequency controller
for two-winding single- phase self-excited induction generator," in IET Renewable Power Generation, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 2014
4. U. K. Kalla, B. Singh and S. S. Murthy, " Adaptive Sliding Mode Control of Standalone Single-Phase Microgrid Using Hydro,
Wind and Solar PV Array Based Generation," in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 2789-2800,
5. D. E. Olivares et al., “Trends in microgrid control,” IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 1905–1919, Jul. 2014.