Now a days the news of coronavirus is on all news paper’s
headline. Coronavirus is spreading from animal market of Wuhan in
central China. There are several types of coronavirus but all are not
dangerous but this new coronavirus is very dangerous. It is a group of
RNA viruses that cause a variety of disease in animal and
animal to human. The efficiency of this new coronavirus found in the live
animal market of Wuhan in central China, circulate in a range of animals
and spread from animal to animal and animal to human also which is
called Spillover. Mild symptoms of coronavirus are cough, shortness of
breath and severe problems are pneumonia, kidney failure and death also.
Basically corona virus effects on immune systems and decrease the
immune power. There are no specific treatments or vaccines for this
disease still now. So in this condition, people have to maintain immunity
and should increase immune power to fight against coronavirus. Only
washing hand and wearing a mask are not enough to fight against this
virus, people have to modify their daily diet. This article summarizes the
immune- boosting therapeutic diet against coronavirus (COVID-19).
Keywords: Coronavirus, immune system, therapeutic diet, pharmatherapeutic
foods, garlic, turmeric, neem leaves, tulsi leaves, and diet
chart for coronavirus
1. WHO Q & amp; A on coronaviruses (COVID-19) March 2020, https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses.
2. World Health Organization. Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic. 2020. https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/ novelcoronavirus-
3. Hafeez A, Ahmad S, Siddqui SA, Ahmad M, Mishra S. A Review of COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease-2019) Diagnosis, Treatments and
Prevention. EJMO 2020; 4(2):116–125
4. Bendix A. A day-by-day breakdown of coronavirus symptoms shows how the disease, COVID-19, goes from bad to worse, Business
Insider Feb 2020. https://www.businessinsid-er.in/science/news/a-day-by-day-breakdown-of coronavirus-symptoms-shows-how-thedisease-
5. Guo YR, Cao QD, Hong ZS, Tan YY, Chen SD, Jin HJ, Tan KS, Wang DY, Yan Y. The origin, transmission and clinical therapies on
coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak–an update on the status. Military Medical Research. 2020; 7(1):1-0.
6. Tewari, S., 2019). Therapeutic diet to control diseases, AkiNik Publications, 1-79.
7. Arreola R, Quintero-Fabián S, López-Roa RI, Flores-Gutiérrez EO, Reyes-Grajeda JP, Carrera-Quintanar L, Ortuño-Sahagún D.
Immunomodulation and anti-inflammatory effects of garlic compounds. Journal of immunology research. 2015; 13.
8. Bauer D, Mazzio E, Soliman KF, Taka E, Oriaku E, Womble T, Darling-Reed S. Diallyl disulfide inhibits TNFα-induced CCL2 release
by MDA-MB-231 cells. Anticancer research. 2014; 34(6):2763-70.