Cracks in the concrete are the common defects in buildings and structures.
Many computer vision-based methods are used to identify the concrete structures.This
paper is developed to analyze and measure different parameters of crack in concrete
structures. Three different types of cracks are available in structures such as
longitudinal, transverse and diagonal. The main reasons of crack depend on the crack
appeared in a beam, column or any structural wall. Crack in a beam is usually due to
tension, crack in a column occur due to eccentric loading, structural cracks are formed
due to moisture change or thermal movement. The proposed method initially deals with
crack segmentation and secondly the image geometry- based parameters are employed
for crack quantification.
1. Oliveira H, Correia PL “Automatic road crack detection and characterization” IEEE Trans IntellTranspSyst 14 (1). 2013, pp 155- 186
2. Tang J, Gu Y “Automatic crack detection and segmentation using a hybrid algorithm for road distress analysis” In: 2013 IEEE international conference on
systems, man, and cybernetics, 2013
3. Tsai Y, Kaul V, Yezzi A “Automating the crack map detection process for machine operated crack sealer” Automation in Construction. 31, 2013, pp 10-18.
4. Jahanshahi MR, Masri SF “A new methodology for non -contact accurate crack width measurement through photogrammetry for automated structural safety
evaluation” Smart Materials and structures, 22(3), 2013
5. Salman M, Mathavan S Kamal K, Rahman “Pavement crack detection using the Gabor filter” In:16th international IEEE conference on intelligent
transportation systems: intelligent transportation systems for all modes, 2013
6. Shen Y, J-W Dang, Y-P Wang, Sun Feng.“A compressed sensing pavement distress image filtering algorithm based on NSCT domain”. Journal of
Optoelectronics Laser, 25 (8), 2014, pp 1620-1626.
7. Tsai YC, Kaul V, Lettsome CA “Enhanced adaptive filter-bank-based automated pavement crack detection and segmentation system” Journal of Electronic
Imaging, 21 (4), 2012
8. Nhat-Duc Hoang “Image Processingbased recognition of wall defects using machine learning approaches and steerable filters” Computational Intelligence
and Neuroscience, 2018
9. Yasuke Fujita, Yoshihiko Hamamoto “A Robust Automatic crack detection method from noisy concrete surfaces” Machine vision and applications, 22(2),
2011, pp 245-254