This paper presents an analytical model Inverter based on the theory of
single electron transistor(SET).The proposed design is very flexible such that it can be
used for single gate, multi-gate, symmetric, asymmetric devices and most importantly
it can also consider the effect of background charge. It can also be used for large
voltage range of drain-source voltage irrespective of the bias conditions. The
proposed design has been simulated with SPICE and the characteristics produced by
the proposed design have been verified against Monte Carlo simulator SIMON.
Index Terms: Coulomb Blockade, Monte Carlo Simulator SIMON, Single-Electron
1. Singh Gurinder Pal, Raj Balwinder, “Single Electron Transistor Theory: A Review”, IEEE (ICECCN-2013)
2. Mittal Varun, “Basic Introduction to Single Electron Transistor”, IJRASET, Vol. 1 Issue 1, August 2013.
3. SrivastavaAnurag, SantibhushanBoddepalli, DobwalPankaj, “Performance Analysis of Impurity Added Benzene Based Single Electron
Transistor”, Applied Nanoscience, February 2013.
4. PratapVinay, Singh Arun, Agrawal, ShyamBabu Singh, “Analytical Discussion of Single Electron Transistor”, International Journal of soft
computing and Engineering,Vol.-2 Issue-3 July 2012.
5. ArpanDevasi, RitabrataChakraborty, ArkadeepPaul,ShrabaniNayak, “Effect of equivalent circuit parameters on
current-voltage characteristics in single electron transistor”, International Conference on Research in Computational Intelligence and
Communication Networks,ICRCICN 2016SrivastavaAnurag KaurKamalpreet, Sharma Ritu, ChauhanPriyanka, Sharma U.S., PathakChetan, “
Orientation- Dependent Performance Analysis of Benzene/Graphene-Based Single Electron Transistors”, Journals of Electronic Materials, Vol.
43, No.9, September 2014.
6. KaurKamalpreet, Sharma Vikash, SrivastavaAnurag, “Ab-Initio Analysis of Impurity Added Benzene based multi-Island Single- Electron
Transistor”, Advanced Science Letter, Vol. 20, No.7-9, July 2014.