In this article, a multi elliptical structured antenna is designed in which
its ground plane is etched with different radius of elliptical SRR. The antenna size is
44×40×1.6mm3, the substrate used is FR-4 substrate which is having a dielectric
constant of 4.4. The proposed antenna approach is determined using four iterations
achieve the maximum radiation performance. The antenna is working under 1.96GHz
-3.74GHz, 3.95GHz – 7.48GHz, 8.42GHz – 11.47GHz and 13.41GHz –
18.93GHz bands, the antenna can work for the WLAN, Wi-Fi & Wi-MAX applications.
The design and analysis of the proposed radiating structure is carried out using ANSYS
EM desktop and met material unitcell setup validation is carried out is an added
advantage to the proposed antenna
Index Terms: CPW, met material loading, elliptical split ring, and unit cell.
1. Veselago V G. (1968). The electrodynamics of substances with simultaneously negative values of ε and μ. Soviet. Phys. Uspekhi, 10,4, pp.509–514.
2. Ding Y. et al. (2011). Design of a Multiband Quasi-Yagi-Type Antenna With CPW-to-CPS Transition. IEEE Ant & Wirel. Prop. Lett. 10, pp.1120-1123.
3. Abdolmehdi D. et al. (2014). Beam tilting antenna using integrated metamaterial loading. IEEE Trans. Ant. Prop., 62, 5, pp.2874–2879
4. Huang H et al. (2015). Multiband Metamaterial-Loaded Monopole Antenna for WLAN/WiMAX Applications. IEEE Ant. & Wirel Prop. Lett., 14,
5. Binzhen Z. et al. (2016). An omnidirectional polarization detector based on a metamaterial absorber. Sensors 16, 8, p.1153.
6. Tanweer A. et al. (2017). A miniaturized metamaterial slot antenna for wireless applications. Int. J. Electron. Commun. (AEÜ) 82, pp.368–382
7. Ghosh SK. (2016). Circular Ring Monopole Antenna Operated at UWB/SWB with Modification for Notch by Incorporating SRR. Int. Conf. on Commun.
& Signal Proc., India, IEEE, pp.0261-0265.
8. Sanjay B (2013). Trident shaped ultrawideband antenna analysis based on substrate permittivity. Int J Appl Eng Res, 8,12, pp.1355-1361.
9. Sanikommu M. et al. (2015). Cpw fed antenna for wideband applications based on tapered step ground and ebg structure. Indian J. of Sci. & Tech., 8,
10. Venkata GKM Pisipati et al. (2011). Liquid crystal bow-tie microstrip antenna for wireless communication applications. J Eng Sci Technol Rev, 4,2,